Every man is a work in progress, but here is a list of 10 characteristics the good guy will grow to become:
- He has integrity and character: simply put, a good guy is less talk and more action. The Latin origin of “integrity” means whole, and when it comes to being a good guy, wholesome is sexy. Everywhere he goes, he leaves a mark.
- He’s balanced: family and friends always comes first. He prioritizes his time and is well-rounded in many areas. He’s a modern Renaissance man.
- He’s confident: this doesn’t mean cocky at all. He has a good self-image about himself and believes he deserves the best.
- He’s courageous: he goes after what he wants even in the presence of self-doubt. He’s not afraid to approach women and spark conversation.
- He listens: the good guy doesn’t care about the sound of his voice. He doesn’t interrupt and he follows the rule that 75% of the time should be listening vs. talking.
- He takes initiative: the good guy is a leader, and takes the first step in a group setting and in a relationship.
- He’s detail-oriented: as tough as it is for a man, the good guy tries to stay on top of it and is organized. When it comes to pursuing the girl of his dreams, he knows the little things count the most.
- He has self-respect and gives respect to all: he focuses on the kind of man he wants to be, and creates a positive internal self-dialogue. A good guy is empathetic and forgiving.
- He challenges himself to be a better man: most men are raised to believe they need to fight and conquer. A good guy understands to overcome one’s own self is better than competing and beating anyone else.
- He’s committed and faithful: he says what he means, and means what he says. He follows through with his word even with people who don’t follow through with theirs. He’s loyal in relationship.